Soo Travel Agency will follow & mirror Royal Caribbean’s Covid-19 policy.
We will be asking all clients to self-certify that they have had all vaccinations. And agree that it is solely their (client) responsibility to understand and follow stated requirements for Covid-19 travel and entry to any place.
We’ve worked with local tour operators to ensure they follow our Healthy Sail Panel health guidance for all Shore Excursions. These tours are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner.
- No Tours Required for Vaccinated Guests: Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit the port freely.
- Tours for Families: Families traveling with unvaccinated kids must purchase a local tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore. This applies to all ports of call except Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Port Canaveral, FL.
- Tours Recommended in Port Canaveral, FL: For ships that stop at Port Canaveral, we strongly recommend that families traveling with unvaccinated kids purchase a local tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore.
- No Tours Required at Perfect Day: Tours or planned activities are not required of any guest who wishes to go ashore at Perfect Day at CocoCay, our private destination.
Below is our current mask guidance for all guests, except those under the age of 2 years, who do not need to wear a mask at any time.
Masks are NOT required to be worn:
- In open-air areas of the ship, unless you are in a crowded setting
- In the pool or any activity where they may become wet
- At venues designated for vaccinated guests only, such as select bars, lounges, restaurants and shows
- In your client’s stateroom when they are with their traveling party
- While visiting our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless they are in a crowded setting
Masks ARE required to be worn:
- While indoors in public areas of the ship, unless seated and actively eating or drinking
- While visiting public ports of call, where local regulations may require them
All dining areas will feature spaced, sanitized seating. Nearly all restaurants and cafes will be available to all guests, though a select few specialty restaurants may be reserved for vaccinated guests only.
If your clients have sailed with us before, they’ll notice there are fewer guests onboard, letting them ease back into vacation mode. The ship’s venues are set up to easily allow for physical distancing and there will be signage to guide them.
Theaters and activity venues will offer spaced seating and more showtimes. Some events will be reserved for vaccinated guests only. Your clients should make show reservations once onboard using the Royal Caribbean app.
|What To Bring|
Travel Documentation Checklist
For additional protocol information, please click the link below to read the detailed FAQs.